PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Laughter is the Best Medicine

After many months being unable to leave the house for a long period of time, I have rejoined my card swapping group. The theme for the month was "Get Well" cards, so I created 20 of them with one of my favorite images from Bugaboo, Chicken Soup.
I adore the chicken sitting in its own pot of soup, ready to minister to the sick. I think she's one feather short of a working brain. If you can't read my sentiment, it's:
"Heard you weren't feeling well.
It's never a good idea to self-medicate.
Just saying."
I feel that laughter is the best medicine, and besides, I love to create a funny/punny card. Evidently, so do a lot of people. Everyone at the club meeting adored them! It feels good to say, "I'm ba-ack!"
So, every thing on my card was pulled from my stash. Those tiny red flowers actually came from my girlfriend's mom, who moved into an assisted living residence and gifted me with her craft supplies  last year. I had bought the jeweled flowers in bulk who knows when, and am still working on that stash.And I guess I have a fear of running out of paper, because if I never buy another piece of paper for the next two years, it would not affect my crafting at all (pitiful, isn't it?). I need to join Paperholics Anonymous!

Challenges I am Entering:
Catch the Bug - Anything Goes
Use Your Stuff - Anything Goes
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Anything Goes with a Critter
Crafting Circle - Anything Bugaboo Goes

That's all for today.  Happy crafting!


3 comments:

ike said...

Hahahaha - that is just brilliant !! The chicken sitting in it's own soup is just hilarious :-D So glad to hear you rejoined your group. Fabulous xxxxxx

Desire Fourie said...

These are so fun Pat and perfect for your swap group.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Borqna said...

Lovely cards, Pat - congratulations!
Have a great day and
Good luck!