PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Ring Out the Old, Ring in the New at Scribbles Challenge Blog

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Today at Scribbles Challenge blog, we are working at "Ringing OUT the Old and Ringing in the NEW." There is a great poem by Alfred Tennyson that reads,
“Ring out the old, ring in the new,
Ring, happy bells, across the snow:
The year is going, let him go;
Ring out the false, ring in the true.”
There are several key words in this poem that can help provide a starting point for your creation: ring, old, new, happy, bells, snow, year, false, true.  How you interpret them is up to you. For example, you might choose to use something old or something new in your project; or be literal and include bells or snow; maybe you'll focus on the word happy and take your creation in that direction; or maybe you will design a card that reflects something new like new year's or a new baby, a new home, etc.
My card is inspired by SNOW, so I used two images from Scribbles Designs: "Melting for You Sentiment" and "Snowflake." I made the sentiment the focal point of my card, placing it onto Pixel Scrapper Brooke Gazarek" Enchanted Dark Teal Patterned Paper decorated with a few Scribbles' Snowflakes.  I took a strip of Decosse's Dynamite Doodles Snowfest patterned paper to create a ribbon effect and that finishes the card.
My husband's birthday is later this month, so I made this card for him. Every year I tease him that from his birthday until mine, April 15th, he is TWO years older than I. So I guess that uses the "OLD" part of this month's theme LOL (but don't tell him I said that!)
Come join us at Scribbles as we Ring out the Old Year and Ring in the New. If you use a Scribbles image your chances of winning free digis doubles!!


No comments: