PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Where There Are Mussies, There Must Be Tussies


Have you heard the term "mussie tussie"? I was introduced to the art of mussie tussies a few years ago, and fell in love with these handy-dandy containers, especially when the holidays come around. They are so convenient to pack with treats and prizes for children and adults alike.
So when the theme of Recycling" came up this month in my swap club, I knew I had the perfect recycled craft to share with my fellow crafters.
My mussie tussies recycle cardboard toilet paper rolls. Because of my resolution to use up my stash, I killed two birds with one stone, creating these delightful treat holders from leftover patterned papers, ribbons and embellishments. No new product was purchased to create these gems. Even the candy is leftover from the nasty Halloween we had in the Chicagoland area. Rain and cold winds kept most children from trick-or-treating this year.
So I now have a box of mussie tussies in my car for tonight's swap meeting, and can't wait to pass them out. I wonder what my fellow crafters have recycled for me this month? Looking forward to the inspiration I get at club meetings every month!
As always, crafters, have fun!
Challenges I am Entering:
Crafting with an Attitude - Anything Goes
Crafty Girls Creations - Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Anything Goes w/optional Winter Birthday (these make great favors at birthday parties)
Decorate to Celebrate - Anything Goes (I love to put these on my Christmas tree and see how long they last!)
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes
Sisterhood of Craters - It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes
Just Keep on Creating - Anything Goes
Sparkles Christmas challenges - Christmas Decorations (I love hanging these on my Christmas Tree)
Sisters of Craft - Anything Goes

10 comments:

Darlene said...

OMG these are too cute! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Brenda said...

Darling! May have to steal your idea for my little group of crafty ladies. So much fun to look at! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CRAFT Challenge!

suzARTe said...

I am a huge fan of recycling or upcycling, these mussie tussies are such a great idea and the fact that you have you used recycled elements to create theme is even better, I am sure your friends at the swap will love them. Great colours and so much texture, love these. Thanks so much for sharing your project at Anything goes November link-up, Just keep on creating Hope to see you at JKOC again.
Susan xx

Jane Willis said...

These are lovely, such a great idea beautifully created. Thanks for sharing at Sparkles Christmas
Jane

Terri's Cards N More said...

What a clever idea. Gorgeous papers and embellishments. Thanks for joining the Crafting With An Attitude challenge.

ScrappyHorses said...

What a cool idea, Pat!
Katrina
ScrappyHorses.blogspot.com

Lilian said...

These are so cute!
Thank you for joining us at Decorate to Celebrate!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Joan said...

What a fab idea, so pretty too. These would be lovely hung on the tree for the little ones.

Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas challenge this month

Joan

Sandra H said...

These are just the cutest creations ever and just perfect for our challenge over at
Sparkles Christmas Challenge " Christmas Decorations” good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

Vickie Y said...

Your mussie tussies are perfect! Thank you for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics.