PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, November 9, 2015

Welcome, Winter!

This week brings another challenge to the Outlawz Monday Greetings group. Today the Dt is shooing off their stitching. Of course, if you're like me, and don't sew, you can still enter the challenge with "faux" stitches somewhere on your project. Where did those lovely REAL stitches come from on my card? I snagged a handful of card faces with stitching on it from another member of the DT, Linda Weber. She is sew talented! LOL
This week's sponsors are Bugaboo and A Day for Daisies. My image, called Blustery Day, is from A Day for Daisies. One of my favorite techniques is ripping paper. There's something about a torn edge that I love. So much so that I tore both the image and the patterned paper on my card!
The image looks vintage to me, so I went with a sentiment and font that looks the same. It reads: Winter arrives with bluster and snow, And brings to our cheeks a rosy glow
I hope you get a chance to join our challenge this week!

2 comments:

Rannah Romps said...

Awesome Pat!

Donna Ellis said...

What a fabulous scene to go along with your timely sentiment, Pat! It's a wonderful creation, and such happy, vibrant colors in your vintage card! hugs, de