PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, May 25, 2015

Anything Goes in my Acrylic Album for Craft Your Passion

I got to play in my acrylic album again. This is my first album, second page. It's trickier than I thought as I always have to be mindful of the back side of each page I create. Today I used a large circle of cardstock and kept most of my project within the circle.
Craft Your Passion challenge blog begins a new challenge today. Their challenges are always Anything Goes. The sponsor this week is Oddball Art, and this little cutie is called Tasha. My arylic album is all about nature and its furry animals. Today I was inspired by one of my favorite books, Secret Garden. It is a very old one, and I have a first edition in print, as well as the book in my Kindle library. After coloring my image with a  mix of Copics and Spectrum Noir, I fussy-cut her and her little friend before adhering her onto my page.
Then the fun began. I used a Sharpie oil-based white paint marker to give both my page and my frame a border of tiny dots. After stamping the sentiment on a cardstock journal sticker, I used a mix of tiny white flowers along with silver shimmery enamel dots. I like the way the page turned out, especially as the album will be a present for a special friend.
Oddball Art has a bunch of cute and whimsical images. Check out the STORE and then come join us at Craft Your Passion challenge blog this week!
Other Challenges I am Entering:
2 Creative Chicks - Anything Goes (no cards)
Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes (no cards, ATCs)
Die Traumfabric - Secret Garden
Oddball Art challenges - Add a Butterfly or Dragonfly
Our Creative Corner - April Showers Bring May Flowers
Sisters of Craft - Anything Goes
(Pin)spirational challenges - Inspired by Pinterest (I used a lighter blue but I love using blue, green & yellow together)

8 comments:

Deanne Saunders said...

So adorable!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper

Pam said...

Adorable album!
Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

Have a creative day.
Pam
♥ Scrap N Sew Granny ♥
♥ Pam's Stitched With Love ♥

Unknown said...

Well, how fun is this!! Such a darling album, Pat!! Good to see you again & Thanks for getting this in before my April Showers Bring May Flowers challenge closed at Our Creative Corner! XOXO-Shari

Kartenstempeltina said...

Passt perfekt auch elfen dürfen durch den geheimen Garten fliegen, danke dir für deine Teilnahme bei der Traumfabrik, Größe Bettina

Pat said...

Thank you everyone for your comments! Kartenstempeltina, danke-ganau!! Elfen dürfen durch den geheimen Garten fliegen. LOL

Rosmarie said...

Adorable page! Love the using of acrylic! The end result will be stunning!
Thank you for joining us at the dream factory.
Hugs, Rosi

Turwen said...

A wonderful creation! It is really, really beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Dream Factory Challenge Blog!

Hugs!

*Ang* said...

Fabulous creation Pat! I've never tried acrylic, but can see why you need to be mindful of the other side of your creation. I think this looks great!
Thanks for sharing at Oddball Art Challenges!
Hugs, Ang x