PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, March 9, 2015

Make It Glitter and Shimmer on the Outlawz Greetings Challenge

I had fun today making a card for the Outlawz Greetings challenge. The challenge is to make a card with a sentiment and put some glitter & shimmer on it.
The sponsor this week is Creative Bug Designs, and I got to play with a cute image called "Bed Jumping Sock Monkeys." I grew up with a love for chimps, and used to watch Curious George all the time. Of course, as soon as I saw this image, the children's rhyme came to mind (and never left, to my regret).
I started out with an awesome patterned card front from DCWV. After coloring my image, I decided to embellish with jeweled flourishes, and went a little crazy, but that's my shimmery part of the card. I added some glitter polish on the bed linens for the glittery part of the challenge. I typed up my sentiment using Microsoft Word, putting the rest of the rhyme on the inside of the card.
I thought my card would make a cute get well card for a child, like maybe if my granddaughter Bella got sick, I could mail it to her. I think she'd like it.
And you will like all the inspiration you'll find at the Outlawz Greetings this week. Go check them out  and come play with us!
Other Challenges I am Entering:
Crafting by Design - Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner - Movie Madness (Curious George)
Crafting with an Attitude - Anything Goes
Scribble & Scrap Challenges - Always Anything Goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice card and great use of glitter. Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and hope you will join us again soon. Jennifer DT member

Carla's Cards said...

Cute card!Love the glitter. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting with an Attitude!

Samantha A. said...

Awww this is adorable! Great job!
Thanks for playing along this week at Crafty Gals Corner!
-Samantha
Crafty Gals Corner - DT Coordinator
Crafty Gals Corner

Sharon Smith said...

Sweet card, love the monkeys! Thanks for sharing with us at Scribble and Scrap xxxxx

Sharon Smith said...

Adorable card! Thanks for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends xxx