PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Don't Just Survive the Day, Triumph Over It


I decided to step up my sketching. In my art journal, I printed out and pasted some sketching tutorials (eyes, mouths, hands, etc.). The opposite pages I left blank so that I could try my hand at them.
So this page started out as an exercise in eyes, but I decided to flip through the tutorials to finish a full face. Daughter says it looks vaguely like the character from the TV show Medium. Hubby says it looks somewhat like Suzanne Sommers. I didn't try to make it look like anyone, just placing some lines on a page with watercolor pencils and adding a wet brush to it all.
Either way, it was my first drawing with the pencils, and except for a few issues with proportions, I say it looks good. LOL

No comments: