PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Doing What She Loves

My grand daughter is in her second year of ice skating lessons. She loves them, and what ever she loves she excels in. She grew up learning to love books, and her reading surpasses her grade level expectations (skipping right past kindergarten). She loves to hula hoop and she can twist with the best of them.
She sees what she wants and works at getting it. I hope she never loses that zest for life and learning new things. She's one of my favorite crafting buddies, too!
So, I made a card today for my Bella. I used an image from Art By Miran called Skating Girl and colored her with my trusty Copics, adding some added dimension with white gel pen. I fussy-cut her out (one of my signature techniques), leaving the ice on which she skates.
The background is actually a watercolor painting my granddaughter created a couple weeks ago. I hope she recognizes it and gets a kick out of my use of her art with my own!
The patterned paper is CTMH and I used leftover lace and ribbon. I finished off my card witha Tim Holtz Idea-ology metal tag that reads: "The journey awakens the soul."
The Art By Miran challenge blog has an Anything Goes theme this month, so you have no excuses to get on over there and play. And as always, crafters, have FUN!

3 comments:

Holly Young said...

This is so cute, and I really love how you incorporated some of your granddaughter's artwork. She will love it!

Mi Ran Jung said...

Hi Pat. Wow this is a great. Love the all the pretty colors and the lace. Thanks for joining us at artbymiran challenge. Hugs Miran

Joey said...

Hi Pat, this just makes me smile, fabulous make, thanks for joining us at Art by Mi Ran. Joey x