PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, November 22, 2013

Tell Them Now

Every year around (and sometimes on) Thanksgiving Day, I call a few special people. people whom I feel have made my life blessed in the last year.  I call them up and tell them how grateful I am that they are a part of my life, and why I think so.
I like to do this because many people are their worst critics.  They're having a bad hair day or they had a fight with their significant other, or they made a mistake that they themselves can't forget nor forgive.
I am always surprised at how surprised they are when they receive my call.  I can tell that when we hang up, the person on the other end of the phone is happier than when the phone was answered.  And that makes me happy.
Today I want to start another new tradition.  I want to do the same thing I just described to you, but I want to do this on a continuing basis.  I am grateful for so many things and so many people who have walked in (and sometimes walked out) of my life.  And if I wait until a specific date on the calendar, I might just be too late to tell them!
So, who is the lucky recipient of my undying gratitude at this moment.  There are three people who have blessed me with their presence, albeit only in the virtual world.  I have yet to meet them, and some day I might, but they are strewn across the globe.  I want to thank Holly Young, Vicky Douglas and Lisa D, crafters, artists and writers, all.

Holly is the owner of Squigglefly Designs, a digital image company.  She was the very first person who asked me to design for her company.  She has stretched my comfort zone until it's more like a comfort planet, with blog challenges and the lovely images to use for them.  She is talented, supportive and truly generous.  I wouldn't be the artist I am today without her.  Thank you, Holly.
Vicky is the owner of Queen Kat Designs.  She took me under her wing and helped me expand my style and discover new techniques through the rubber stamps she let me play with.  She saw my organized mindset and willingness to help and gave me extra responsibilities and I have grown because of her.  Thank you, my queen.
Lisa is the owner of the Path of Positivity Challenge blog.  She is a newcomer into my life but no less valued.  I have mentioned to her that if she hadn't start her blog, I would have started one with exactly the same mission and goals.  Everyone needs some positivity in their lives.  Too often we can trip down the wrong path and feel the crushing weight of responsibilities, pressures, depression and heartache, with no end in sight.  Enter Lisa and her offering to brighten the darkest day with art and words-you can see her smile in her words and it's contagious.  I love to create with a postive mindset, and Lisa has let me share that passion with others through her blog.  Thank you Lisa.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

And Pat we are so grateful for you! I love your blog posts and your artwork. I love to see the different styles you use. Truly inspiring.

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Pat! What a wonderful tradition, and beautiful way of giving the best gift in the world - YOURSELF. Encouraging others, and being forgiving and merciful is a sure fire way to always see Beauty and Love in everyone. Thanks for sharing! hugs, de

Desire Fourie said...

Pat this is such a wonderful post of gratitude to those in cyber space. This is so perfect for our THANKFULNESS theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Path of Positivity DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

SAMARA said...

WOW WOW WOW Pat! How is it I keep getting you on my rotation? I must be blessed!!!!! I must honestly tell you that I always get so wrapped up in your writing that I most often forget to look at your art! I find you such an artist of LOVE and an artist of GENEROUSITY that I am remiss to pass by the art. I have to go back, before I start to write my comment and look at your art. Consider this the biggest compliment in the world! You are a LOVE trail blazer, or Warrior as I see you. There is something so big and wonderful about that. You are so out there with your love, gratitude and acknowledgement of others, not just on this post, but always. Your words are special, touch my heart and always give me something special to think about and to feel. I find your words transformative. NOW, your art. My gosh, it is as powerful and wonderful as your words...I think you know I feel that about your art. I LOVE it. Each creation is so different, which speaks volumes about you - that you master so many types of art and mediums. Pat, you are one special being on this earth. God Bless you my friend. I am honored to know YOU! xox Samara DT Path of Positivity Challenge. p.s. I am going to let Lisa know to come over here...I don't want her to miss a single word of your lovin'!!!!

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Wow Pat. It is truly with a humbled heart that I sit here and type. Thank you so much for your beautiful words. You have brought so much love and light to the Path of Positivity Challenges. It is for people exactly like you that I created this challenge blog. As you indicated, our world can sometimes get rather dark and it is important that there be some place where we can turn for a little light. I just provide the Pathway, it is people such as yourself that bring the sunshine. Our Path wouldn't be the same without you!

Hugs,
Lisa

Holly Young said...

aw Pat, I am so touched! Thank you so much for thinking of me. I love your idea of taking the time to thank special people! Thank YOU for all you do for me too! Happy Thanksgiving!

Charlene Mitchell said...

I just had to comment on this post Pat! What a beautiful sentiment for three very special people in your life. It is so true, that we don't tell people how much they mean to us, often enough! Big hugs to you for being who you are!! hugs xx

Charlene Mitchell said...

I just had to comment on this post Pat! What a beautiful sentiment for three very special people in your life. It is so true, that we don't tell people how much they mean to us, often enough! Big hugs to you for being who you are!! hugs xx