PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, July 15, 2013

Who's the (em)Boss?

This week brings a new challenge from Squigglefly:

"Add something embossed to your card, it can be any of the wonderful backgrounds that have embossing in them, any of the spellbinders that have embossing, any brass stencils that use dry embossing, or add a great embellishment or cardstock that already comes embossed"

In addition to the new theme, if you use a Squigglefly digi, you will be in the running for a free digi!!  Don't have a Squigglefly image yet? Check out the FREEBIES at their store.

My card front features embossed white core cardstock, which I love to distress to get that textured feeling.  The card showcases a July new release from Squigglefly called "It's a Jump Rope Kind of Day", designed by artist Cheryl Grant Alger.  I colored him with Copics, then used a Sakura gel pen for a shimmery look on the jump rope.

I embellished my card with an adhesive-backed chain of crocheting (not handmade) and an earring whose "ring" and mate I lost.  Which proves I am a crafter-I never throw away something that maybe might have the possibility of a use in my crafts).

I hope you like my card, and it has inspired you to try a little embossing in your crafting.  For more inspiration, check out Squigglefly's blog and their Facebook page!!

9 comments:

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love the cool technique you used on your embossing!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

What a darling card for this week's challenge. Love the jumping rope...if only I was still cooridinated, lol!! Cheers, Holley

Kathy Bradley said...

Pat,
Adorable card and wonderful coloring!

Tammy said...

So cute and such great colors and coloring!

nwilliams6 said...

Fun image Pat and your distressed embossing is wonderful - I need to try that. Cool embellishment - I had to laugh at your comment! You are a true crafter! Hugz!

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is just adorable.

Charlene Mitchell said...

Love the blog page title Pat! This is so fabulous! Love the swirled bkgrd and the brown and blue is such a great combo! Super masculine card!

Holly Young said...

The title of your post cracked me up Pat! Your card is adorable. I love the brown and blue together and your coloring is great!

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

beautiful embossing Pat-I would've thought that you rubbed some Rub n' Buff over it instead of sandpaper-will have to try that! Great job!
Carolyn