PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Under the Sea with A Maigan Lynn Mermaid

I am just loving the new July releases from Queen Kat Designs.  Here's another one I got to play with and want to show off.  It is called Mermaid Braids by the very talented Maigan Lynn.

I made a mixed media card using patterned papers, lace, ribbon, wired jewels and Stickles.  I colored my mermaid with Copics and placed her in a tropical setting using those patterned papers.  I adhered her with dimensional tape.

The wired jewels came off a frame or basket (that was butt ugly).  Its only saving grace was the wired jewels, which I of course threw into my crafting stash, throwing away the basket (frame?).

Maigan is one of the many artists at QKD whose images I love to play with.  And this one is a new DIGI!!  Digi's are very versatile, because you can print oin any type of paper, resize the image and even flip it to face the other way.

Go check out the QKD blog for loads of inspiration this month using the new releases!! Our design team, which we refer to as the Royal Stamping Maidens, has been super busy showing off their creativity.

1 comment:

nwilliams6 said...

Pat, I love your bg! It is fabulous - you need to show me how to do it - kind of mysterious and perfect for a mermaid. Cool new image too. Great card. Hugz!