PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Red and Green Equals Merry Christmas!

The new challenge on the Squigglefly Challenge Blog is to make a card or project using a Squigglefly digi image and the color combo of RED AND GREEN.  I decided to make a small Christmas gift box. 

 I started with a small paper mache box from Michaels on clearance when my local store closed down.  It maybe cost me ten cents!
I covered it with some Christmas patterned papers leftover from another project.  I attached a couple "Merry Christmas" sentimebnt stickers to the long edges of the lid.
Next I printed this newly released Squigglefly digi image from Fawn Palmer called Winter Owl.  Due to the small size of my box, I had to cut off part of the image.  On the inside, I printed up the sentiment that goes with the image: "Owl be Home for Christmas".
I have some apple red nail polish that I plan on placing in the box to give to my teen daughter.  It's already under the tree!  I love this cute winter owl, don't you?  I colored him with red and green holiday flair, instead of making him look "realistic".
Now it's your turn to pull out the red and green colors (like they aren't out already) and play in the Squigglefly Challenge this week.  Use a Squigglefly image (FREEBIE HERE) and you're in the drawing for a free digi!  Everyone likes free, right?  Have fun and happy crafting!

2 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Don't you just love this owl - he is adorable, as is your wonderful card! I love that you've colored him in Christmas colors!!

Holly Young said...

Such a cute way to package up a small gift Pat! I love how you colored this owl.