PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Another Medallion Card

I don't know about where you live, but here in Chicago, medallions are big -- very popular this year.  People are buying them in stained glass, as ornaments for Christmas trees...So I thought I would hop on the trend wagon and make a few medallion cards and give them to my Chicago friends while they're hot!

I made today's card for a friend whose birthday is on New Year's Eve.  I used a Queen Kat Designs stamp from the Chakra Collection by artist Crystal Moore.  It's called "Root".

I used a monochromatic color scheme, with bits of lace and a bow to embellish.  The sentiment is from another stamp company.  I like how, even though it will be given out after Christmas, my medallion almost looks like an ornament hanging in its frame.

Check out all of Crystal's medallions, as well as all the gorgeous stamps that QKD has to offer at the Shoppe.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your card Pat. Lots of eye candy.