PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, November 3, 2012

'tis the Season to Make Tags


Now that Halloween is over, my mind is churning with cards and tags and favors and projects for Christmas.  Today I wanted to use a new November-release QKD stamp from artist Crystal Moore called Solar Plexus.  I decided to make a Christmas tag.
I started with a wooden tag for the base and used distress inks in green and red.   I stamped Solar Plexus in black and colored in parts with red and green Spectrum Noir markers.
I chose a Tim Holtz' Ideology Word Band that reads: "Encourage your hopes, Not your fears" and wired it onto the tag.  I added a few Skittles, a vintage button and some greenery with a flower.  I decided that since it is a Christmas tag, it needed a little sparkle, so I used Stickle on parts of the stamped image.
I finished off my tag with a bit of lace on the bottom edge, and some fiber at the top.
I hope you check out more of Crystal's stamps at the QKD SHOPPE.

No comments: