PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Brewing Some Halloween Treats

I made another Halloween card today using the Queen Kat Designs stamp called Cauldron Congregation by artist Coriander Shea Detwiler.  I love this cool ghoul--it puts the cute in to Halloween!

I found this piece of striped patterned paper that I thought would look great on my card, so I colored my image with Copics in colors that coordinated with it.  Framing it in black to make it pop off the paper led me to use black embellishments like the diecut leaf, the flower and the skittles.

A very simple card, but...
My card features a hidden element!.  Can you guess what it is? (hint: check out the blog post title)  What is Halloween without CANDY?

If you lift this little guy by his hat, you'll see what he is brewing, and it is a cauldron full of chocolate!!  Now that's what I call a delicious surprise!


For more inspiration and loads of fun and funky stamps, check out the QKD Shoppe!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Too adorable Pat! What a great surprise and I wouldn't mind a cauldron of chocolate!