PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Only 170 Days Until Christmas!


Have you started making your Christmas cards yet?  Well, have I got a treat for you!!
Queen Kat Designs is releasing some sweet Christmas stamps so you can start early, just like Santa's elves!!
Speaking of elves, here are two taking a break and I think they kinda like each other.  Their caps are twisted  together and how fortunate that there's a tiny bit of Mistletoe hanging from their cap ends!!
This newly-released stamp is called KISSLETOE and is designed by artist Trish Shufelt.  The detail of the two holiday sweethearts is fantastic!  I decided to circle-cut the image and distress the white background with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink and my blending tool.  I applied tiny green "wreath branches" around the circle that were punched out from assorted green cardstocks, and added tiny red jewels for berries.
The card base is from DCWV's Holiday Collection box of cards.  I ink-distressed the edges.
I finished off the card with a cardstock sentiment sticker.
Ah, young love, especially during the holidays!!  Since my son is getting married this summer, I will send this card to him and his new wife, as it will be their first Christmas together.  Sweet!!

For some great inspiration, check out the QKD Facebook Page.  And try to keep cool while you're crafting!!

No comments: