PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Life is a Paradise When You're in Love

And so the theme for my son and future daughter-in-law's wedding is tropical.  It will be a small affair, about 40 people, performed near our local lake, with guests dressed comfortably in Hawaiian shirts and flip flops.  The luau is going to be at my house (what was I thinking?!).

Meanwhile, I just finished and mailed the invitations.  Chase's fiance, Camille, loves my cards and asked me to make these.  After discussing styles and wording, she told me to choose the final draft and mail them---she trusts me to make the very best!  I love her already!!

They're doing a small civil service now, and then when my son returns from his deployment, they will celebrate the sacrament of marriage at our local church, with the big Catholic wedding and a hundred or two guests and a honeymoon after.

Did I mention that the wedding will be in just 28 days????  Tell me when to freak out!!  Too late, I'm already there! LOL  Let me say a little something about the invitations, maybe that will calm me down a little.  I bought a package of black cardstock cards with the circle already cut out (from Michael's), but ran out and had to make my own in addition to those I bought.

I embossed the palm tree with white pigment ink and white embossing powder from Stampin Up.  The border embellishment is from EK Success, also purchased at Michael's (40% off!).  Doesn't it look like frosting on a wedding cake??  I didn't buy enough, so I used some gem borders I found in my file drawer of stickers.  Yep, I emptied the whole drawer and organized them all into labeled folders taped on their sides into pouches.

The black and white is so formal, so I adhered some purple (bride's fave color) paper onto the inside of the card and popped a pair of flip flops to be framed by the circle cutout.  On the inside is the invitation sentiment, along with a poem that describes their relationship:  "Time flies so fast, so too does life. You work, you play, and then some day...Love happens!"

I also added the informal dress code by quoting: "Love makes life a paradise, so wear your Hawaiian shirt and flip flops"  Hopefully, we'll have enough photos taken so I can show my crafting buds the luau I have planned for this event!!  Meanwhile, keep crafting!  I'll be a little busy for the next month, but will try to manage a few posts here and there.


No comments: