PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Make 'em Laugh

That's the new theme for Squigglefly's Challenge this week--use a funny image or make a funny card, just something to get the giggles going!
So I made this card using a Squigglefly digi image called Cranky Witch by artist Cheryl Alger.  I love using her on NON-Halloween themed cards!  Today I made a whatever card.  It's one of those cards that you can use for whatever occasion fits your schedule.
What makes her funny is the sentiment I put with her: "Don't make me get my Flying Monkeys"  In the original movie Wizard of Oz, those flying monkeys were Cree-py!!  So naturally you wouldn't want me to get them and sic them on you!! LOL
I am in my "distressed period", just like Picasso had a Blue Period.  I used my bending tool and some Tim Holtz' Ink pads and distressed the card base, the strip of cardstock I used as a faux ribbon, the sentiment, and the image's frame.
I also have this urge to fill in white space, even when some people don't see any!  So that's why the star and ticket are peeking out from beneath the handmade flower and sentiment.  Just whatever I happen to be hoarding on my desk.  (Sometimes I even bend down under my craft table and see what I dropped and use that on my cards, but don't tell anyone--that's weird!)
So now you have a little inspiration for this week's Squigglefly Challenge.  Let's see yours!  Upload a photo onto the SQ Blog and you could win free digi's!!

3 comments:

Holly Young said...

It's a really cute card Pat. I like to try to use images in other ways than the holiday they were intended for too - it stretches your dollar! I love your sentiment - so funny! I agree about the monkeys being creepy too!

Charlene Mitchell said...

Not sure if I should admit I've never seen Wizard of Oz but am glad you explained the sentiment as it makes it extra funny! Great card Pat!

THERESA said...

Ok, you succeeded , lol, laughing here, as long as the monkeys don't get to me, lol , love it!! Thanks for playing with!!
lotsa luv