PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, April 19, 2012

I'm Aging Like a Fine Milk

Well, maybe I'm in a little better shape than that! LOL But up until last Saturday, I could say I was two years younger than my hubby of 35 years.  Now he is only one year older than I am (love the math).  But I had a wonderful birthday with my family.
We went out for breakfast at IHOP, I was showered with gifts and handmade cards, and both Bella and my son's girlfriend were with us. 
I got flowers and the amazing Tape Gun Extreme (my name for it), as well as an Army hoodie I had been longing for since my son went to Basic.  My teen daughter wrote out a booklet of inspirational and grateful comments, with her unique artwork and outlook on life (made me sniffle).  My boss gave me a bag of (YES!) Garrett's cheese popcorn (the best on the planet).  Bella, my 4 yo granddaughter, even made me a card!  And so did Cami, my son's girlfriend (I love her already)!
My Facebook fans left beautiful messages for me, and my crafting buds on Scrapbook Place and Squigglefly sent me a card and lovely greetings and wishes.
I am truly blessed to have everything that I do, and grateful to all the people in my life for remembering me.
I'll be back here tomorrow with a new card, using an April new release from Queen Kat Designs.  I just wanted to acknowledge my blessings and remind everyone that "friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things".  That, and that "Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternative!"
Happy crafting!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Awww, we all love you Pat! Glad you had a great day!

Holly Young said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday Pat. You will love your tape gun, and that hoodie looks great! Loved the picture of you and your sweet granddaughter!