PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Congrats to the Grad!

It's that time of year again.  My calendar is slowly but surely filling up with backyard parties and invitations to graduations.  So I thought I'd better start making my congratulations cards now and get ahead of the game!
Today's Squigglefly new release from Fawn Palmer, called Sunflower Graduate, is the perfect image for my Spring-colored card.
I dipped into my stash of leftover pieces of pink-patterned papers and came up with this ripped paper background.  I framed the Copic and Spectrum Noir-colored image with the same cardstock with which I framed the background.
Now I bet you're wondering why it's called Sunflower Graduate when there is no sunflower to be seen.  Well, I had the papers all picked out and realized that my plan had been to use a handmade pink flower.  THEN I realized that the NAME of the image was SUNFLOWER Graduate.  Oy!  But my card just shows that you can color the image as is, or play with embellishments on top of parts of it,  like I did with my handmade flower.
Anyway, inside my card the sentiment reads:  "Congrats to the Grad!"  You can find this image and more by Fawn Palmer and other great artists at Squigglefly.  And their best sale ever is going on right now on their  Facebook page:  If you pre-order for $30 "One a Day in May", (which means you'll get one digi image from Squigglefly every day in May), then you will receive an extra digi, making your price less than $1 each for 31 digi images, from artists like Fawn Palmer, Suzanne Urban, Chesney Young, Lynne Stansbery, and so many more.  It is an amazing deal!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Great card! I love the paper flower embellie. Makes it pop!

Holly Young said...

Super cute! I love your flower - it adds so much dimension. Your coloring is fantastic Pat!