PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Day 18 of Crafting Christmas - More Cards

Although this month leaves me no time to scrap my photos, I can always catch a few moments to create a cards, and lord knows I have enough friends and family to whom I can send them!  So I printed up one of my newest additions to my growing collection of Squigglefly digi images.  This one is called "Unconventional Christmas Tree" by Mark Hicks.  The elves and Santa are a really great group that shows what teamwork is all about!  And the elves must work out; how else can they build a pyramid with Santa on top?!

Anyway, I printed up two images, and colored each differently.  Then I made cards out of each, and will put them on my Christmas presents to my sisters this year, as I drew their names for this year's gift exchange.

The first card is an easel card, and I used Copics to put a lot of fun colors for my elf tree, with Santa shining bright as a star on the top. 
The double-sided patterned paper is from the falalalala collection from Echo Park, and really says it all.  I tossed on a few tiny heart jewels for the elves to hold for a little shimmer.  The elves show no strain at hoding up the big guy, do they?  That's job satisfaction!


I used the nontraditional colors of bright green and purple papers on my second card, while coloring Santa and the elves in Christmasy greens and red. 
Every single item used to make this card was from my leftover stash of paper pieces, jewels, sentiments, etc. 
A few jewels are added for simple embellishments, as well as the sticker sentiment.









I had so much fun with these cards, that I printed up more digis from Squigglefly and made a couple more cards.

Here is an image from a set of digis called Polar Pack by . It's a new release that you can get later this month at Squigglelfy. I decided to print multiples of the one image, although you get like eight different ones.  I enjoyed coloring each Santa cap a different color with my Copics. 
I bought the felt holly border at Michaels on clearance last year, and added some adhesive-backed parls to glitz it up.

One more image to show you, another new release called "A Christmas Classic".  As soon as I saw this, I thought of an oldtime piano player by the name of Liberace, but I didn't have enough gold to glitz my card like he used to glitz his piano! 

Somehow I think that this classic piano piece is more to the tune of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer rather than anything Handel composed, wouldn't you agree? 

Anyway, some ink by Copic, glitz by Stickles and a couple bows bows finish off the last of my Christmas cards.  Are you finished with your cards yet?  If not, I hope mine inspire you to get in your crafting mode and create something marvelous and merry!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Now I need to go and buy that digi at Squigglefly of the Elf/Santa pyramid!

Holly Young said...

wow Pat, you've been busy! I love these! The easel card is so cute and I love how you added the jewels. The Christmas Classic is colored wonderfully and I love that music note paper! Your polar pack card is so cute and jolly - a perfect winter card!