PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Counting My Blessings for the Hambo Challenge

SnailRake digi-image
It’s time to count your blessings, and I have so many things for which to be grateful, they’re like the leaves falling from the trees this week—so many, so different from each other, so beautiful—that I couldn’t resist making a Gratitude Box with my newest Hambo digi-image, Snail Rake.
Hambo’s challenge this week is to use this image (or any Hambo image) and a project that can be found at Splitcoast Stampers Resources page;  click HERE for some inspiration.
I loved the Altered Paint Can Project, so using the empty baby formula can I had on hand (don’t ask me why, my youngest is a Junior in high school), I covered the can with leaf-printed patterned paper.  I snagged a package of foam leaves and popped it onto a circular base, then cut a hole in the top.  
I printed my digi-image twice, once on white cardstock and once on patterned paper, then pieced them together, using the patterned paper for the snail’s shell.  I colored the rest of my image with Copics.  Before adhering the Hambo image to the can, I added a strip of lace to the top, then used dimensional dots for my image.  
Now I’m ready to start writing the things I am most thankful for.   I figure if I only write one a day, the can should be full by November 30!  Today I am thankful for the Hambo Hoedown, and Hambo Stamps' generosity in giving challenge payers a free digi every time they play! 

3 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Terrific idea! I have a "Blessings Jar" but it is really dull compared to this fun altered can! I love the snail's shell! Perfect Hoedown entry!

The Paper Parade said...

What a great idea! And you decorated the can so nicely. I think it will be a fun tradition for you and your family to start :) Thanks for joining us at the Hoedown this week!

She's a Color Queen said...

This is the BEST idea! I like how you paper pieced the snail's shell, perfect idea. Thanks for joing us at the Hoedown!:)