PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Captured Fairy in a Jar

  I saw this idea on a friends' blog and couldn't wait to try it!  It's a captured fairy in a jar, and it is earth-friendly.  I say this because I had all the supplies in my craft room, so I wasted no gas.  I bought the brunt of the material when my local Michael's closed, snagging gorgeous 3-dimensional flowers at a pittance (including the wonderful jars they came in like this one).
 The beautiful, shy fairy that I captured is a Gina K Designs stamp set called Wishes and Dreams by Alicia K.  I love her Manga fairies!!  After coloring and adhering the image, I attached feather butterfly wings to her body, in place of the wings that were part of the image.  Some gorgeous Recollections flowers, tiny seashells from a vacation purchase and some froofroo fibers finish off this birthday present for my granddaughter, who will be turning 4 in october and is very much into fairies.

3 comments:

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Super cute, I love that idea! Would be a great gift for a little girl.

The Bee Hive said...

I love it!

Linda W. said...

Fantastic creation, Pat! She'll adore it!