PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Do Not Disturb This Crafter

My Yahoo Group is really hopping. The challenges are being posted daily, sometimes more than once a day! One of the newest ones was to alter a CD, using a cartoon theme. So I decided to use some patterned paper that was on clearance at Joann's quite a while ago (8 cents a 12x12 sheet!) and run with the Charlie Brown theme. Because his signature line is Good Grief!, I made my altered cd into a DO NOT DISTURB door hanger for my craft room! I cut circles out in varied sizes of brown and teal blue papers, using my Creative Memories Circle Cutter, to layer my round door hanger, and placed a wide ribbon behind the focal point of my project for hanging on the door knob, popping out the top layer with dimensional dots. A few Teal Skittles around the edges, a Martha Stewart grossgrain bow and some outlining with a sakura gelly roll pen finishes off the hanger (of course, I also inked the edges, my signature technique).
I think it looks nice, but I'll find out how well it works on Friday, my day off, as I sequester myself in my craft room, warning away all trespassers with my new DO NOT DISTURB sign!

No comments: