PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, March 7, 2011

Stashing My Stash


I can’t abide throwing away a piece of paper. If it strikes my fancy, I’ll save a 1 inch square of it! I am so-o-o-o into paper. Might as well face it I’m addicted to it!!
So for me, the best way to stash my stash is in my trusty (and roomy) five-drawer file cabinet.

I try to stash by color. Obviously, some of my favorite patterned papers get thrown into one of several MISC folders, and I’ll happen upon them when I am in the throes of creating. For this week’s challenge over at Clearly iStamp they require the use of three specific colors of cardstock: Soft Mint, Cotton Ball White and Porcelain Pink. I don’t have exactly that same brand of papers, but I think my hands came out of my stash files with colors very close to what is desired.
Everything I used to make the card below came from leftovers!

I used the white paper for the card base and the image base, then cut the image with My Epic Six, using Nestabilities Label Four. The Green and Pink papers were used in contrasting cuts to frame my image, even down to the diecut frame around the image. I used the following Copics to color the cute little bunnies, an image I received in a swap package a LONG time ago: RV09,11; E00,35; B04; G21; YG03; 100, and Zig Brushables English Lavender.
I touched up the leftover flowers with Lime Green and Cotton Candy Stickles, and sorted through my loose jewels to finish off the page. The decorated circle at bottom left is card candy I received in another swap on my yahoo Group, Scrapbook Place.
If you’ve got some time, you can find the deets for this color challenge HERE For every 20 entries there will be a $10 gift certificate for stamps or digis up for grabs!
Over at Your Scrapbook Place you will find all sorts of cool tips for stashing your leftovers.
Other challenges I've entered with this card: Corrosive Challenges
Blog
CHallenge requires a GREEN creation and they're offering An Elzybells Stamp, 5 card kits and $10 Gift Certificate to spend on Digi images from Digis with Attitude!


Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Hey Pat, darling springy card using those colors! I'm so glad you joined us over at the CIC :D

Linda Anderson said...

Totally adorable!!!! Love your bunnies!!! And gotta love using up those scraps!!!! Oh, and welcome to the club, the I can't throw anything away club!!!! Thanks for joining us at the Clearly Inspired Challenge.

Linda

Imke said...

Great Easter Card. Thanks for playing with us @ The Corrosive Challenge