PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Valentine with non-traditional colors


With a Stash Bash Challenge in effect on Scrapbook Place Yahoo Group, I decided to try some non-traditional colors for my Valentine cards this year. The first is using a DCWV card base. I cut a window in the card using Labels Four Nestabilities in two sizes (one for a frame). I stamped the LOVE symbol from SU's Kanji stamo set in black to show in my window. I added a set of flowers from my stast, a white ribbon and a 3D sticker leftover from a swap. So there's just a touch of pink on the card, that's all.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Gorgeous non-traditonal color scheme! Did you create a window with a nestie? I love that look. I want to use it more in my own card making. Great use of your stash too!

Allie Gower said...

I love your Valentine. Thanks for taking the time to share it.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

So nice Pat! Thanks for sharing it with the world! Be sure to stop by my blog and sign up to win some blog candy!

Cheers, Holley
http://holleybarnhartsblog.blogspot.com/