PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Cards for Troops


One of the crafters on Scrapbook Place Yahoo Group collects cards and sends them to troops posted overseas (or an organization that does same). I think I missed the Mother's Day call, so I jumped the gun and made Father's Day cards. I kept them simple yet still a very nice card, using my clearance bin dp and brown cs for the base, and some acrylic stamps for the sentiment.
I went to HobbyLobby to pick up a Nestability set for which I had a raincheck, and of course mosied on over to the clearance area. All I bought yesterday was the paper and the Labels Four set, so I patted myself on the back and cashed out. Besides, I have to save my money to buy some Gorjuss Girls. They are the cutest stamps and I don't have nay--yet!! I plan to change my status tomorrow (payday).
Meanwhile, my boss has me jumping, the kids have been extra needy, and hubby is in a foul mood. Ever get the urge to run away sometimes??

No comments: