PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, January 18, 2010

New Card and news

Boy, did I have fun on the Magnolia-licious Blog Hop. It's still going on, all day today, so hop on over to www.magnolialicious.blogspot.com to start on your path to inspiration!
I made this card tonight after seeing the wonderful work the DT displayed for all hoppers.
The guidelines were to use a MAgnolia stamp and to make it PINK. I love how my card turned out. I used white core cardstock and distressed the edges, then added CTMH patterned paper and blinged the centers of the flowers. I colored jump roping Tilda with Copics, then glitzed her with Liquid Glass for some dimension. Since cutting around the jump rope was impossible, I adhered some green wire to her handles for a 3D jump rope. Then, I embellished with a wide polkadotted ribbon (rummage sale, a gazillion yards for 50 cents) and tied the middle with a thinner piece of ribbon, then tied it into a bow. Finally, I added two art deco photo corners to my cardfront.
This weekend, besides working on Sunday for a retreat for 92 teens (yes, I said 92 14 year olds all in one room for the day), I enjoyed Saturday in the company of friends and fellow crafters in Woodstock. My sister came and she finished 14 pages! I finished my granddaughter's mini album called "Daddy's House" so that even when she's not staying with us she can hug us. I also caught up with my 365 Days of Me album pages, scrapping up to 1/14. I started my son's Army Reserves album. He was sworn in last October and ships out to Basic Training in February. I borrowed Lisa's Cricut carts "Base Camp" and "United We Stand" and there are some great cuts in them. Thanks Lisa!
I made some envies for a swap that I had made cards and forgot to include the envelopes. I also scrapped a page for Bella's second year album, and stamped a few new images that Carol graciously lent me (thanks, Carol).
Whew, I'm tired after all that. Lucky I was off today, working in a school and all. Cleaned and organized my linen closet and cleaned out old medicines and organized the med basket as well. That was today's photo for my 2010 album--sure looks pretty in that closet now!
Before you go to bed, remember to check out the Magnolialicious highlites blog to start hopping! Be sure to say HI to Jacque at www.jacquesmagnolias.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Suzanne J Dean said...

This is so cute & perfectly pink! Love her jumprope, pretty bling and lovely paper! Thanks for joining in on the hop with us & the challenge!

hugz,
Suzanne