PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year


Another year, another 365 days of opportunities to learn, to create, to share, to make friends, to teach, to scrap memories, to love, to live. I think I did an outstanding job on my 2009 New Year's Resolutions, but it's time to move on to a new year. So saying, here ar my 2010 Goals:

1:It's All About ME! - Today I'm starting my "365 Days of Me" album. I plan to take a photo a day and scrap layouts by the week.

2:When you stop Learning, you stop living - I'm going to try at least one new technique a month. It may not be the most recent fad, but it will be something I've never tried before, or something I shy away from because I'm not adept at it.
3:Ruthless People - I vow to clean out, simplify, cut down and share what's in my craft room. I will reuse, recycle, and reduce my supplies. I will ruthlessly keep my craft room and supplies organized. Idon't just want to feel like I'm getting somewhere, I want to see my efforts succeed in a cleaner, more organized craft room.

4:Out with the Old - Well, not exactly out, more like scrap the old--photos, I mean. I am still fairly new to scrapbooking and have boxes of printed photos waiting for their home in nice, neat albums. I would like to play "catch-up" with these photos, getting them more organized and onto pages.

So saying, the photo above is my first attemptt at trying new things. I am not comfortable with cards that aren't your standard sizes. I'm not talking boxes, they're fun and not exactly what I'd consider cards. So I made these "purse" cards off a card that was sent to me. It's for a Valentine swap, and the photo below is the "treat" that goes with each card.
(sigh) I lost the photo and now it's at the top of my post. The treat is a Website Address book that i scraplifted from the convention in St. Charles this summer. I think it's a great idea to have one, and if I didn't give them all away, I get to keep one myself.
So that's it, my newest art and my newest crafting goals. Here's to a year filled with discovery, friendship and more time for everyone to do what they love!!


No comments: